Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Just the 2 of us :)

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday = a weekend full of bonding for Brian and I!!
It was just the two of us all weekend working on the roof, we put in the rafters
that connected the roof lines and continued on with sheeting and
put up some fascia boards! Everyone tells us that building a house
together is the most stressful thing a couple can do and this weekend
could have been considered a true test of our love, 36 hours on a roof together, WOW!
Let's see how we did...



These are the rafters that connect the roof lines.



 But in the midst of our roof work we took a break when our
culvert's were delivered
 No, he didn't get to ride in it! He just attached it so it could be lifted!

Back to the roof...
Look out below!! (that would be me below!)


 Sarah stopped out to visit and the kids enjoyed the "playground" once again
How resourceful, they made their own teetor-toter!

Back to the happy couple hard at work....
Our system here is I measure out the plywood and mark it while Brian carries it up the steep roof
 to where it needs to be and nails it down.
Once in a while he even lets me use the skill saw to cut the plywood....

 But sometimes my cuts aren't precise enough and I get a look like this..... 


and believe me, it's not the first OR the last time I'll get this look!
But hey, a girl can only do so much, right?!
(Sorry honey, I'll do better next time!)


This is the way OFF the roof, looks safe huh?!

 I asked for no body shots but I don't always get what I ask for!
Brian is trusting my 20/20 vision to determine
whether the roof peaks are level and line up....
remember the stink eye?!

 However, I didn't get any dirty looks when I was asked to tackle this job....
Brian would bring the rafters to me from the forklift and it was my job
to set them in place until he could come up and nail them down.


 Now I'm just showing off!

 Friday evening Brian set up boards so that we can get the concrete for
our front porch poured next week!


And Saturday morning it's back to the roof, it's not the easiest getting
out of bed in the morning knowing what you have to look forward to!
 Brian's turn to show off!
 I'm quite amazed at my husband's talents. I'm certain he'd be a huge
success in a circus show doing the tight rope walk or some balancing act!

 Sunday evening we were graced with the presence of a clean up crew: Tom, Mariane and Derek.
You should have seen the look of elation on Brian's face; I'm not sure if he was happy to see
other people besides me or if he was just so happy that it was time to clean up!


 Here's a final look at the progress the
HAPPILY MARRIED COUPLE
produced this past weekend
TOGETHER :)

No comments:

Post a Comment