Monday, October 17, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away!

Well the rain listened and stayed away....
 we had a BEAUTIFUL weekend!
Friday consisted mostly of starting to lay the waterproofing
layer on the roof, unfortunately I was hard at work
up on the roof trying to get my shoes to stick to the roof,
 so I didn't catch many pics
but I did catch a few of Wobbles and Brian putting up the
fascia board!



SATURDAY
Due to chance of rain last weekend we were unable to pour the garage floor, 
Therefore, this weekend we got the crew together for one last hoorah! 
THANKS Tom Oak, Tom Beer, Billy Genelin, Brian Schmidt,
Kelly Kopet, Brandon Beer, and Brian!





Although I wasn't much help with the concrete
work, I did make myself useful and make the
boys some breakfast!


 For some reason they didn't want me to take a picture at this time;
apparently someone estimated the concrete wrong and we were short
just a LITTLE BIT! oops!

 But never fear, Tom and Tom are HERE!
These boys got the last load taken care of!


I caught the boss sleeping on the job ;)
Just proves you can take a nap just about ANYwhere!



And meanwhile on a higher note, Sam and Brian
were making some SERIOUS progress up on that roof!

This is what Brian and I were doing yesterday,
so maybe now it's easier to see why I didn't
have enough ambition to take pictures AND stick to the roof!


 I always catch a pic of their GOOD sides ;)


And of coarse we had to fit in some more sheeting!
ALMOST done!





**Camera is currently out of order so I'll have to take some shots
of Sunday's progress; but to fill you in.....we only have the dormer over
the garage on the North side of the house to sheet and then we can lay the
underlayment waterproofing on the North side of the roof over the garage
and we'll FINALLY be done on top of that roof!! We decided to
hire someone to put the steel on our roof as we calculated it would take us
approximately 3 months to do it ourselves (since we only have nights and weekends
to work on the house). But that's good news because now you MIGHT be able
to see pictures of something BESIDES a roof! And we can get the house closed up
and continue working away when the snow flies. We're very excited about this decision :)


No comments:

Post a Comment